Wednesday, October 31, 2007

R.I.P. Stylus Magazine


Earlier in the week, since I'm eulogizing here, I found out that the only online music website I read, Stylus, one I discovered last year while searching for Deathspell Omega articles and reviews, is over as of today. Needless to say, I'm bummed. The writing was exemplary, and while I, like with all review sites, usually disagreed with ratings of albums, everything else was wonderful, and I much preferred the music they covered than that of Pitchfork, mostly out of taste, mostly out of personal bias.

So, in memoriam, my favorite Stylus articles. I can only hope to write this well in the future.

Whatever Happened To Our Rock and Roll?

Imperfect Sound Forever
In Praise of Technique
Kill The Rock Star
Who Robbed The Pantry!!?
Ton Ten Reasons Why Jay-Z Sucks

No comments: