Friday, October 30, 2009

YOU CAN CALL MY PHONE. YOU CAN SWING OVER MY WAY.


The Ring/Ringu movies were just hour and a half long metaphors about AIDS, so in the spirit of foisting infection upon those nearest, I have to post this video. I slept on Ryan Leslie because a cursory iTunes browse didn't really make me see any of the things that made Brandon dig him so much, but Transition might be the record to do it for me, and "You're Not My Girl" is definitely driving me nuts, earwig-style. Recreating Ryan's (who looks like Jay-Z and Drake's market-tested offspring) slightly-sneering and completely cocksure seedy loverman strut over this amazing Stevie Wonder-damaged groove for upwards of 45 minutes in the library stacks of my on-campus employ is the most worthwhile thing I've done maybe all year.

Speaking of which, hopefully I can get enough senior project/thesis work done to actually get regular posting back on schedule, especially since there's about 7 or 8 in the backlog.

No comments: